Welcome to MESAP(Moshannon Valley Elementary Student Assistance Program)What is MESAP? A program designed to identify issues that pose a barrier to student success. Click here for a brochure that explains the program.Who makes up the team? The MESAP team consists of the elementary principal, various teachers and the school counselor: Mrs. Canner, Mrs. Clarkson, Ms. Elensky, Ms. Herto, Mrs. Ivory, Mrs. Payne, and Dr. TomaskoWho can make a referral to the MESAP team? Anyone, including: teachers, school staff, students, and parents/guardians.How do I make a referral? Students: Use the referral form located on the desk by the 2nd floor elevator or contact any team member (look for a MESAP poster outside of their classroom/office)
Teachers/school staff/parents/guardians: Fill out a MESAP Referral Form and put it in the ME-SAP mailbox in the main office or complete this online MESAP referral form and it will be sent directly to the team members.
What happens after a referral is made?
- The referral is discussed by the team
- The students' teachers are asked to fill out checklists
- After all information is gathered, the parents are contacted.
- Information is gathered from the parents
- Team recommendations are given to the parents
- Parents/guardians decide whether to continue with ME-SAP
- Recommendations are made by the team to the family of the student.