Title I Parent Involvement
The active involvement of all parents of children in the Title I program is absolutely essential to the success of the program. To this end, the district will strive to implement the following measures:
- Parents will be informed of the Title I Program, their child’s participation and their right to be involved.
- A flexible number of meetings will be scheduled and if necessary, funds from the parent involvement section of the budget may be spent for such things as transportation, child care or home visits.
- Parents will be involved in the planning, review and improvement of the program through attendance at the meetings throughout the year, individual parent conferences, workshops, etc.
- Parents shall be provided with timely information concerning the program through literature, flyers, and letters sent home with their children.
- Parents will be given the results of their individual child’s assessment results.
- Parents shall be given a description of the program’s basic curriculum, forms of assessment, and performance levels which students are expected to meet.
- Timely responses will be given to suggestions made by parents in the meetings.
- Emphasis will be continuous on the necessity for shared parent-school responsibility for the successful performance of the children in the Title I Program.
- Parents are informed that each department (Reading/Math) has resources that can be borrowed or consumable resources available for parents to use to further the progress of their child.
Home and School Compact: Home and School Compact
This policy helps parents understand and take part in the school's efforts to make the programs in the district the best we can make them for our children's sake.
Parental/Family Involvement School District Policy No. 917
Title I Parental Involvement School District Policy No. 918Events:EXACT PATH DIAGNOSTICSSeptember 6th - 9th K-10
November 21st - December 2nd K-10
May 15th - 19th K-10DIBELS READING
September 12th-16th Beginning of Year K-6
January 17th - 20th Middle of Year K-6
May 15th – 19th End of Year K-6DIBELS MATH
September 19th - 23rd Beginning of Year K-6
January 23rd - 27th Middle of Year K-6May 8th - 12th End of Year K-6ELA and Math Benchmark Testing
October 31st - November 4th Test 1: Grades 3-9
January 17th – 20th Test 2: Grades 3-9
March 21st - 25th Test 3: Grades 3-9
April 24th - 26th PSSA ELA Testing
May 1st- 2nd PSSA Mathematics Testing
May 3rd - 4th PSSA Science Testing
May 8th - 12th PSSA Make-Up Window of AssessmentKeystone ExamsWave I and II December 5th - 16thSpring Exams May 15th -26th