What is a school counselor?
As a school counselor, I play an integral part in the education of all students by focusing on academic, career and personal/social areas to provide assistance in solving problems that may interfere with their educational and personal development.
I perform the following roles in order to promote positive development in academic, career and personal/social domains:
- Individual Counseling
- Small Group Counseling
- Classroom Guidance Lessons
- Attend and participate in Child Study Meetings
- Member of the Moshannon Valley Elementary Student Assistance Program (ME-SAP)
- Organize and administer Pennsylvania System of School Assessment (PSSA)
- Consult and collaborate with parents/guardians, teachers, administrators, students and outside agencies
- Respond to school crises or emergency situations
- Provide resources and information to parents/guardians on a variety of topics.