The objectives of the MVHS PTSO are to:
• Establish and maintain a working relationship among parents, school and community.
• Support school improvement teams and promote the finest education possible for the students at Moshannon Valley High School.
• Develop programs and projects that will support or enrich the curriculum.
• Enhance the quality of education by raising funds for school supplies or programs that fall outside the school budget.
The PTSO DOES:
• Support the educational programs and extracurricular activities of the school • Encourage parents’ involvement in their individual children’s lives, education, class, and school
• Provide feedback and suggestions for school programs
• Coordinate programs and projects that will support or enrich the curriculum
• Provide feedback/assist with increased awareness of school safety and security issues
• Organize fundraising efforts to support some additional programs, equipment, and services not covered in the school budget
• Support the educational goals of the school and assist with attaining those goals through parent and community volunteerism
• Recruit volunteers and coordinate volunteer efforts to staff PTO functions and assist with school programs
• Stay aware of legislation and political issues that may impact education and schools
The PTSO does NOT:
• Run the school • Force parents to participate in PTSO and/or school activities
• Set policy regarding school programs
• Define the school’s curriculum
• Define or interfere with the school’s security program and policies
• Control the school’s budget
• Set the educational goals, testing requirements, or compliance factors
• Have jurisdiction or authority over school staff, teachers, and other employees
• Endorse a particular political candidate or commercial concern
This PTSO is organized exclusively for the charitable, scientific, literary or educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue code.