Moshannon Valley School District
A. SCHOOL CLOSING
1. School will be in session unless notification is provided through the respective TV channels and radio stations listed below. The School Messenger system will also be in effect for this school year for those participating individuals, and all closings and delays will be on the Distirct and Superintendent's official Twitter feeds @MV_Knights and @JohnZesiger.
a. WJAC-TV (Johnstown)
b. WTAJ-TV (Altoona)
c. Forever Broadcasting: FM–WFGY, WRKY,WWOT,WALY and AM-WFBG,WVAM
d. WOKW (Clearfield)
e. WPHB (Philipsburg)
f. WPSU-TV/FM (State College)
g. First Media Radio: WCPA, Q102, WQYX (Clearfield/DuBois)
B. ONE-HOUR AND TWO-HOUR DELAYS
1. Sometimes it will be necessary to have a one- or two- hour delay so that maintenance crews can plow roads.
2. All delays will be announced over the above-referenced TV channels, radio stations, and School Messenger.
3. For a one-hour delay, secondary teachers must be in the classrooms, office, hall duty, etc. no later than 8:35 a.m., and elementary teachers by 9:10 a.m.
4. For a two-hour delay, secondary teachers must be in the classrooms, office, hall duty, etc., no later than 9:35 a.m., and elementary teachers no later than 10:10 a.m.
5. Because weather conditions may not improve after the delay, it may be necessary to close school. All reasonable means will be used to announce closings over the TV channels, radio stations, and School Messenger.
C. EARLY DISMISSALS
Early dismissals for students will be announced over the above-referenced TV channels, radio stations, and School Messenger. Because of emergency situations and unexpected circumstances, times and procedures may vary.
*Individuals should not call the school district or the radio or television stations with questions since the phone lines must be kept open to receive necessary information and to make decisions concerning the daily schedule. Announcements will be released to the media and through our School Messenger phone service as early and as quickly as decisions can be made after evaluating the district’s road conditions.